Sunday, September 18, 2011

This is What I Want

I want to ooh and aah over fireworks with you.

I want to drive around with you when suddenly some random, barely played song comes on  the radio that we both know by heart, and I want to karaoke that shit out with you.

I want to make something with you, like a drawing or food or a home movie shot in sepia.
I want to pose for pictures with you.

I want to sleep in the same bed as you.

I want to dance to “Moves Like Jagger” with you.

I want to eat $1.00 tacos from a taco truck with you.

I want to share stories with you, be they funny, scary, sad, or open to interpretation.

I want to watch Disney movies with you.

I want to lay with you on the hood of your car with hot chocolate and a blanket and stargaze the night away.

I want to enjoy a thunderstorm with you.

I want to have sex with you.

I want to sit in a coffee house with you, nursing a black and sugar and sharing dessert.

I want to live in the same space as you.

I want to hit the road with you.

I want to get buzzed on Sloe Gin and sweet wine with you.

I want to communicate via Sharpies and Post-It notes with you.

I want to see you shake your head when I buy yet ANOTHER pair of shoes.

I want to celebrate a holiday with you.

I want to exchange presents with you, even if yours is wrapped better than mine.

I want to chase a tornado with you.  As long as I’m driving.

I want to go to a drive-in theater with you.  You can drive this time.

I want to babble Korean song lyrics at you.

I want to hear you babble random gibberish back at me.

I want to get that “warm, fuzzy feeling” because of you.

I want you to shatter my personal space bubble and be unrepentant for it.

I want to debate deep topics with you, like social media, religion, and Brett Favre.

I want to quote stupid movies with you.

I want to knot your tie for you.

I want you to zip up the back of my dress.

I want you to come running when I let out a blood-curdling scream and promptly smash that spider, please and thank you.

I want to use only the most awful, wtf-worthy pick up lines on you.

I want us to work on our laptops together.

I want to go grocery shopping with you.

I want to have a joint checking account with you for shared expenses: rent, groceries, date nights.

I want to paint a room with you, maybe indigo blue, or sage green, or one brilliant red wall for good luck.

I want music to be forever present in our lives.

I want to wear one of your shirts on my day off.

I want to try making sushi with you.

I want you just to humor me when I have those weird gangster moments where I think I can rap hardcore, because I’d do the same for you if the urge ever struck you.

I want to go to concerts with you.

I want to kiss you before we go to work, when we come home, after the dishes are done, with snowflakes in the air, underwater, upon awakening, when my team makes a touchdown, when your team hits a homerun, when you successfully DON’T set off the fire alarms, with the lights off, in front of our friends, on a beach, in a cabin, around a campfire, post-lover’s spat, as the credits roll, and, sometimes, for no reason at all.

I want to hug you whenever we kiss.

I want to stay the night in a hotel with you.

I wan to hold hands with you.

I want to cook with you.

I want to top out my car on a deserted road with you.

I want to act immature with you.  Sometimes twice before breakfast.

I want to share old snippets of things I’ve written with you.

I want to reminisce about the good ol’ days (mostly the ‘90s) with you.

I want to pull an all-nighter with you.

I want to listen to the crickets with you.

I want to see you blush.

I want to take naps with you.

I want to flat-iron your money for you.

I want to separate an Oreo with you.

I want to have inside jokes with you.

I want to watch the clouds go by with you.

I want to visit the zoo with you.

I want to smile endlessly with you.

I want to wander the farmer’s market with you.

I want to do a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle with you.

There are so many things I want to do with you, for you, to you.  But, out of all the things I want, the thing I want the most is for you just to like me, and, to be fair, I’ll like you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment